[Mediaevistik] new Blog for medieval Jewish Studies

birgit.wiedl at injoest.ac.at birgit.wiedl at injoest.ac.at
Mi Aug 25 22:20:27 CEST 2021

New Blog: Your news in medievalJewishStudiesNow!

We are excited to inform you about a new blog we recently launched
called medievalJewishStudiesNow! (MJSNow!). As scholars in the field of
medieval Jewish Studies, we felt it is time to have a platform that
would connect all the relevant news and information related to the field
in a form that is easily accessible for everyone from enthusiasts and
students to established scholars--historians, archeologists, archivists,
codicologists, scholars of literature, paleographers, art historians,
historians of architecture, musicologists, scholars in the digital
humanities, etc. Our aim is that medievalJewishStudiesNow! becomes a
platform that researchers and all those interested will consult for the
newest updates and information. This is why we address you today.

Our platform can be found via https://mjsnow.hypotheses.org/ and will be
promoted by Twitter feeds as well as Facebook to have a broader scope of
outreach. We have posted entries on both feeds, so you can see how we
envision our enterprise.

To keep medievalJewishStudiesNow! running, we will need a constant flow
of news and info relevant to the field-- and this is where you and many
others come in: You can forward us relevant news and we'll post it for
you (we will post it under your name unless anonymity is requested).
Please reach out to one of our board members via
https://mjsnow.hypotheses.org/credits.

What news and information are we interested in? We seek to nourish
medievalJewishStudiesNow! with posts about current events, research
projects, new findings, excavations, museum programs, publications,
workshops, conferences, call for papers, call for applications, blog
posts, books, exhibitions, and various other up-to-date information you
may find relevant.

All posts on our easy-to-use blog will have separate permalinks which
enable everyone to quote them properly. We seek to feature each post in
two languages, English and another relevant language wherever possible.

Thanks for your support, and we look forward to receiving your news!

The Board of medievalJewishStudiesNow!

Follow us

on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ME_JEWSTUD_NOW

on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/medievalJewishStudiesNow

--
PD Mag. Dr. Birgit Wiedl, MAS
Institut für jüdische Geschichte Österreichs
birgit.wiedl at injoest.ac.at

Links:
------
[1] http://www.injoest.ac.at