[Mediaevistik] Zeitschrift: Acta Periodica Duellatorum, 4.2 (2016)

Matthias Johannes Bauer matthias at mjbauer.de
Fr Jan 6 14:10:52 CET 2017

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

ich erlaube mir einen Hinweis auf die neueste Ausgabe der Acta Periodica
Duellatorum, die soeben erschienen sind (open access via De Gruyter
open; gedruckte Ausgabe im Buchhandel erhältlich).

Alles weitere siehe unten.

Besten Dank für Ihr Interesse.

Herzliche Grüße und ein gutes neues Jahr!

Dr. Matthias Johannes Bauer

* ~ * ~ *

Inhalt der aktuellen Ausgabe:

Volume 4, Issue 2 (Dec 2016)

* Burkart, Eric: Limits of Understanding in the Study of Lost Martial
Arts, Page 5
* Sørensen, Claus Frederik: A Look Behind the Scenes: Danish Renaissance
Martial Arts during the Reign of Christian IV, Page 31
* Wetzler, Sixt: “Your Kung Fu is very good, Master Fiore!” Asian and
European fight books in comparison, Page 47
* Deacon, Jacob Henry: Prologues, Poetry, Prose and Portrayals: The
Purposes of Fifteenth Century Fight Books According to the Diplomatic
Evidence, Page 69
* Jaquet, Daniel: The Future of Historical European Martial Arts
Studies. A discussion, Page 91
* Bauer, Matthias Johannes: Economising Early Prints on Fight Books by
Multiple Using Movable Half Page Woodcuts, Page 99

https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/apd

http://www.actaperiodicaduellatorum.com/news/2016/12/29/vol-4-issue-2-2016-now-published-online-open-access

Weiterführende Infos zur Zeitschrift:

Aims and Scope: Historical European Martial Arts studies

To foster this emerging field of research, Acta Periodica Duellatorum
(APD) publishes contributions meeting the highest scientific standards
from research articles, "state of research" or historiographical
studies, edition of short texts, to research notes and book reviews.

Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA) studies encompass all forms of
martial arts in European territories, or spaces of influence, of which
the tradition has been broken or heavily transformed in the course of
history. HEMA studies have strong interdisciplinary dimensions, with
crossovers from disciplines or fields such as History, Anthropology,
Historical sciences, Art History, History of Science and Technology,
Archaeology, Sport Sciences, Martial Arts studies, etc.

All articles published in the Journal have undergone rigorous
assessment. After initial screening by the editor, independent
assessment is sought from two anonymous referees in a double-blind peer
review process.
Free of charge: open-access and publication without charge

APD is an independent non-profit organisation. Publication without
charge and open-access publishing are at the heart of research
endeavours. All our papers are freely readable and downloadable. We do
not charge authors, publishing with us is free. Support us by
contributing, subscribing or donating.
Outreach: Indexed and distributed

Our two yearly issues are indexed in all relevant databases and
distributed physically thanks to our partners De Gruyter and BoD. Each
article is associated with a DoI (Digital Object Identifier) and our
journal is referenced in DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journal). Read
more about this on Journal Information.
Scholars and martial artists: Practice as research

Although APD recognises classical research approaches defined by best
practices within Academia, it also favours research initiatives stemming
from the communities of practitioners, as well as the concept of
"Practice as Research" (PaR). Therefore APD works towards (1) academic
recognition of the field of research, and (2) bridging the gaps between
experienced martial artists, independent researchers and professional
scholars.