[Mediaevistik] Secreta mulierum (dt.)

Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
Mo Nov 19 23:42:18 CET 2012

Liebe KollegInnen,

mit freundlicher Zustimmung von Monica Green leite ich hier eine Mail
von der Medmed-Liste weiter. Es geht um eine Handschrift, die offenbar
derzeit zum Verkauf steht.

herzlich, Thomas Gloning

Datum:  	Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:39:13 +0000 [22:39:13 MET]
Von:  	Monica Green <Monica.Green at asu.edu>
An:  	MEDMED-L at asu.edu
Betreff:  	DIGITAL RESOURCE:  new copy of a German translation of the
pseudo-Albertus Secreta mulierum

Dear MEDMED-L Colleagues,

I rather doubt than anyone has a spare $50,000-74,000 to spend on
investments in medieval manuscripts, but I thought members of the list
might be interested to see how much auction house cataloguing has
advanced now in the age of digital reproductions and hyperlinks.  This
is from the manuscript dealer Les Enluminures, and describes their
manuscript TM 581, with a German translation of the Ps. Albertus
magnus, Secreta mulierum:
http://www.textmanuscripts.com/manuscript_description.php?id=3173.

This description in itself is a contribution to scholarship, and I
hope its thoroughness is emulated in the future.

--
Monica H. Green
Professor of History
Monica.green at asu.edu